Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Who Says Money Doesn't Grow on Trees?

Even if you have just a small patio and think your thumb is far from green, with a little dilligence you can grow some items that you may want on hand, would love to use over and over (without paying over and over), and control the environment- i.e. organic! Yes YOU can grow simple plants and provide yourself with some great items to cook with. I suggest tomatoes and herbs. Grow some basil and you'll always have it on hand. I love tomatoes and would add them to lots of things if they were always available to me. I can't wait until my tomato plant turns those flowers into fruits.


Just be sure to read the descriptions before buying- there are lots of different kinds of tomatoes, read the planting tips, water daily, and I also recommend a non-plastic planting pot if you need to use pots like I do.

By spending just a few dollars (these plants really are around $3 at convenient places like Target and Walmart), you'll be growing organic food for yourself with an unlimited amount of yield, helping replenish oxygen in the air, and making your home environment a little nicer. Who doesn't like looking at a happy plant? Especially one that is practically growing you money. So who says money doesn't grow on trees? (and little plants too)

No comments:

Post a Comment