Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Be Inspired By... Anything!

I would say be inspired by the season as I was for tonight's dinner since the changing seasons commonly bring on new foods and inspiration, but truth is if you see something that sparks your interest then go with it! Sometimes seeing a food on t.v. makes me want to go get some too- to a restaurant usually, but I've tried to change the way I think and ask myself how I could make that at home. Sometimes it just won't be the same, but I bet oftentimes it will be better- because you can make it exactly to taste for you, you can make it cheaper, and you can make it healthier.


So as I was yet again trying to figure out what to make for dinner and wanting to incorporate the veggies in the fridge (broccoli and the zucchini from my parent's garden), I came up with pasta salad.

Here's a rough chop of the recipe- remember to not take it literally- use what you like and you have!

Summer Inspired Pasta Salad on a Whim

Cooked pasta- medium shells

One large zucchini - large chunks and grilled on bbq

Broccoli- small chunks and grilled on bbq

1/3 C. creamy dilled cumcumbers -leftover in fridge

1 avocado cut into chunks

1 large tomato cut into chunks

large spoonful of mayo

garlic salt

~this would be great with some leftover chicken chunks too!

Mixed it all together and it the fresh grilled veggies gave it such a great flavor, I loved it as plain as it might be!

And just get those veggies grilling on the bbq first, then they won't take much longer than boiling water and cooking pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment