Monday, October 25, 2010

Nature's Sports Drink

While at the Ronald McDonald House Charity Walk this past April, I was able to sample some coconut water and found it was tasty as well as being a great addition to a healthy diet. I really like lightly flavored waters, so this was actually right up my alley. Not overly sweet, this tasted fruity and refreshing. I had Zico's Passion Fruit flavor. This has some great health benefits as well and could be used as a sports drink. "ZICO Natural has more potassium than a banana, four other naturally occurring electrolytes, only 60 calories, and no fat or added sugar. It is low in acidity and high in potent antioxidants." Wow! We all think of bananas when it comes to potassium, but this has even more. Check out their website yourself for even more benefits- http://zico.com/benefits/
Consider this very natural way to replenish after a run, workout, or difficult day.

Not exactly meant to be an endorsement for Zico- I'm sure there are other brands out there, but this is the only brand of coconut water I've had and I wanted to share what I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment