Monday, January 3, 2011

Veggies In the Gravy

Ok, so I have no idea to what degree I'm inventing this.  It could be so over-done and I'm behind.  Quite possible in fact since this was actually my first attempt at making gravy.  But since its different from what my recipe said, and its only adding good things- including flavor, I thought I'd share the idea in case its new to you too. 
While roasting an extra turkey today from the plentiful turkeys on sale at Thanksgiving, I threw in some carrot and celery pieces as mentioned in my turkey roasting recipe.  Nothing new there.  But, instead of straining the gravy and trying to push a bit of veggie through, I took out the veggie pieces with a little gravy for liquid and took my immersion blender to them! Then I had tiny veggie chunks which I added back into my gravy for flavor.  Got to say, tastes Great to me!
Why waste good vegetables and throw them out?

No comments:

Post a Comment