Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Take Note

Do you have some favorite recipes?  Ever made a modification to a recipe?  Ever want to remember to never make something again?  If you cook much at all, you're probably saying yes to at least one of these.  Seeing my mom make notes in her recipe books all my life has made me think it was natural and to do so myself.  Others looked wide-eyed at me when they saw that I wrote in a book, but why not?  It's my book, and why shouldn't I take down my notes.  I'd love to know that this indeed was the recipe I tried about a year ago and we all loved... or that I should add only a teaspoon of salt instead of a tablespoon like the recipe originally suggests.  Cooking is an art and though the final product can look slightly different each time, there's no reason to make the same mistakes, or to forget good adjustments.
Happy cooking (and note-taking)!

No comments:

Post a Comment